Welcome to the GROW PURPOSE DIGEST!
A weekly collection of updates from the Lowcountry’s
environmental news & resource network…
LOCAL NEWS / ACTIONS/ RESOURCES:
- Discover America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places for 2023 (yes, we made the list)
- Commentary: There is a better way forward for Union Pier
- New court filing could put pause on coastal waterway development
- Free CARTA Beach Reach shuttles return for easy access to IOP
- Charleston unveils first electric vehicles to be added to fleet
- Queen Ruby of the Pirates and her Ladies in Raiding, the Cruise of the Jeweled Princess
- Charleston grocery delivery company that addresses food insecurity expands to Columbia
- Charleston County waterparks begin weekend-only operations on Saturday
- 4 Charleston waterway sites show initially-high bacteria levels
- Not just megalodon: Charleston was a sea monster party town for 2 other toothy giants
- GET YOUR TICKETS: ECO Runways Presents: Charleston Streetwear
- CONTEST: Tree Photo & Haiku!
- APPLY NOW: SCDNR Career Explorers Club Application (high school students)
- SURVEY: City of Charleston 2023 Hazard Mitigation Plan
- ACT NOW: Make your voice heard in support of clean air!
- ACT NOW: Stop Dominion from raising electric bill rates!
- SURVEY: Help Develop Charleston County Resilience Resource Map
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- MAY 16: Charleston Green Drinks – Spring Social
- MAY 16: Environmental Impacts of Union Pier Redevelopment: What We Need to Know (virtual)
- MAY 16: Kiss the Ground: Screening & Panel at The Terrace Theater
- MAY 17: Ride of Silence
- MAY 17: Senior Volunteer Fair
- MAY 18: 13th Annual Harvest Dinner
- MAY 18: Advocacy Forum: Union Pier
- MAY 19: Light the Night
- MAY 19: Clara’s Kids’ Club Youth Litter Sweep
CHECK OUT THE LATEST:
GLOBAL NEWS & RESOURCES
- Want to sequester carbon? Save wild animals
- How AI can help the environment
- Volcanic microbe eats CO2 ‘astonishingly quickly’, say scientists
- The State of Electric School Bus Adoption in the US
- Fortified with Coconuts, ‘Living’ Shorelines Are Stopping Coastal Erosion
SAVE TIME WITH OUR WEEKLY DIGEST
& NEVER MISS A POST!
click for more info