CharlestonGOOD is changing things up!
In an effort to reduce redundancy and increase impact, we are switching to a weekly newsletter format. We think this will simplify your inbox and give us more time to promote our social media channels and real-world collaborations.
If you would like to be featured in our weekly Monday morning GoodStuff newsletter, please contact us by Friday night each week.
Have a GOOD week!
- Mar 26: KEH Atheism Meeting CHS
- Mar 27: #GOODSHARING SOCIAL
- Mar 27: “Marine Tales from the Gulf of Maine” with Cultivate
- Mar 28: Destigmatizing HIV Social Justice Coffee Hour
- Mar 28: Impact Charleston
- Mar 28: AFTER THE MARCH: WHAT’S NEXT to Keep Kids SAFE??
- Mar 29: People Pedal CHS Kickoff
- Mar 30: Help Make Stone Soup for Seniors
- Mar 30: Affordabike presents the Going Places Family Ride
- Mar 30~31: Charleston Bluegrass Festival 2018
- Mar 31: The Marley Cup
- Mar 31: Lowcountry Community Leadership Summit
- Mar 31: Official Book Signing for “Raceology 101″
- Mar 31: HOME: An Art Showcase/Fundraiser
- Mar 31: Oysters and Easter Eggs
- Mar 31: Artist & Craftsman 3rd Anniversary Party!
For more upcoming events, check out our COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Our partners at the SMADCON Conference (coming this summer) has announced the finalists for their NPO Pitch Competition Showcase!
- Going Places provides to disadvantaged kids and the people who serve them the most basic childhood right; a right to joy.
- The Stone Soup Collective aligns the efforts of the Lowcountry to nourish our community through a buy 1, give 1 plant-based soup collective.
- Earth Heart Growers bridges schools and local farms to educate and empower the youth into building a self-sustainable community.
- Soul Power Productions spreads love and healing the soul through arts advocacy, education, and production technologies.
- Lowcountry Marine Mammal Network focuses on protecting marine mammals (dolphins, whales, and seals) in South Carolina waters.
- The Charity Foundation is leading the charge of transforming liberty Hill into a model community.
All these wonderful non-profits will be competing for a chance to win $5,000! All finalist will receive $1,000 for making it to the final stage of the competition.
*** Save 15% on SMADCON tickets using promocode: charlestongood
VIDEO OF THE WEEK
FEATURED GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
- Ezra Jack Keats Book Award
- Emerging Teacher-Leaders in Elementary School Mathematics Grants
- SC Arts Commission: Operating Support for Small Organizations (OSS) Grants
- GREENWORKS GRANTS from Project Learning Tree
5 FREE RESOURCES
- GIFMaker.me allows you to create animated gifs, slideshows, and video animations with music online freely and easily, no registration required.
- Toolkits for Change – from Springboard for the Arts
- Climate Change Solutions – Short films from Young Voices for the Planet
- 10 Free Tools for Making Infographics
- Stop Gun Violence Toolkit
GOOD GRAB BAG
- CharlestonWorks – the guide to Charleston’s tech community
- CofC’s Community Assistance Program
The Community Assistance Program (CAP) is a clinic which provides high-level capacity to nonprofit and municipal organizations. CAP develops innovative strategies and solutions to maximize clients’ effectiveness and overall impact at little-to-no cost to them.
If you are on instagram, check out some of the good folks recently featured on our @charlestongood feed…
Our newsletter will continue to evolve so please share your good stuff with us and let us know what else you’d like see from us each week!