Welcome to this week’s edition of GOOD STUFF!
If you would like to be featured in our weekly Monday morning GoodStuff newsletter, please contact us by Friday night each week.
Do Good, Feel Good, Repeat!
FEATURED JULY EVENTS
- Jul 16: African Jewelry Pop Up at Folly Beach Farmer’s Market
- Jul 16: Save the Light
- Jul 16: Silent Disco at the Library!
- Jul 16: Growing Citrus in the Lowcountry
- Jul 17: Free Digital Skills Training @ Laundry Matters
- Jul 17: Free Yoga in the Park
- Jul 17: Red Cedar Review CD Release!
- Jul 17: Crush Your Goals – Women’s Workshop
- Jul 17: CHS Green Drinks with The Nature Conservancy
- Jul 18: Astronomy in the Park
- Jul 18: Pints for Pride
- Jul 18: Karma Crew Project – Stone Soup Collective
- Jul 18: Working on the Dock of the Bay: Charleston Labor History
- Jul 18: TeenSpot DIY: Henna Art (ages 12-17)
- Jul 19: Community Dinner: Immortal Lives of Jellyfish
- Jul 19: Poses for Panties with Charleston Power Yoga
- Jul 19: Pint of Hope at Two Blokes
- Jul 19: Low-cost Air Monitoring Citizen Science Training
- Jul 19~20: SMAD CON Social Media Conference | fb event page
- Jul 20: Charleston Margarita Festival 2018
- Jul 20: Sacred Places | Preserving Gullah Geechee Burial Grounds
- Jul 20: Root Note Food PopUp at Munkle
- Jul 20: Common have a pint for Dolphins
- Jul 21: Trap N Plant
- Jul 21: July Farm Workday
- Jul 21: Garden Work Day
- Jul 21: SACRED HEALTH CLASS. “How To Heal Yourself Holistically”
- Jul 22: R.A.G.E. on the Stage Auditions 2
- Jul 23: TEDxCharleston Idea Maker Meetup
- Jul 24: #Goodsharing | Meet Rooster
- Jul 24: Free Digital Skills Training @ Laundry Matters
- Jul 24: Queen Street Harmony Series
- Jul 25: Not Your Model Minority Dinner Conversation
- Jul 26: Adult Camp: Indigo Dyeing + Slow Stitch Workshop
- Jul 26: Alliance Potluck Hosted by the Lowcountry Herald
- Jul 28: Soup Stock II
- Jul 28: John’s Island Book Sale
- Jul 28: Charleston Zine Fest 3.0!
- Jul 28: How To Network: A Workshop
- Jul 28: Charleston Caribbean Jerk Festival
- Jul 28: Queen Street Harmony Series
- Jul 31: Free Digital Skills Training @ Laundry Matters
For more upcoming events, check out our COMMUNITY CALENDAR
TERRY MCMILLIAN TO HEADLINE CHARLESTON’S BLACK INK BOOK FESTIVAL
One of America’s most beloved and critically-acclaimed authors, Terry McMillan, will be the featured speaker at this year’s Black Ink Book Festival. McMillian became the empowering voice of a generation of women with her New York Times #1 bestsellers Waiting to Exhale and How Stella Got Her Groove Back. She will join 60 black authors and hundreds of readers for the third annual festival on Saturday, September 8, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Main branch of the Charleston County Public Library, 68 Calhoun St.
Our first event was fabulous and our … next free workshop is Tuesday!
Come join us for a free workshop series to help people learn how to use the many tools available from Google (docs, spreadsheets, calendars, presentations, etc). to help you succeed in your professional and personal life.
The training is suitable for all skill levels.
There are 3 FREE SESSIONS left in the series.
You don’t need to go to all sessions..
The NEXT DATE is
Tuesday, July 17
@ Laundry Matters
51 Reid St. Downtown
Refreshments will be served as well!
Once you attend one session, you will know how to access free self-training modules as well so you can continue to learn at your own pace.
To reserve your spot, send an email with your contact info to: email@example.com
ARE YOU READY FOR A MORE MEANINGFUL SOCIAL NETWORK?
We are, and we hope you will join us for a special Goodsharing Gathering!
CharlestonGOOD & The Stone Soup Collective have partnered with Rooster to launch a local version of this proven platform that is designed to help us borrow, share, and connect with one another better.
To get yourself ready for the launch, you can LEARN MORE about ROOSTER and SIGN UP NOW
In preparation for the Charleston launch, the developers of ROOSTER have given us the opportunity to help collectively CUSTOMIZE THE PLATFORM TO SUIT OUR LOCAL NEEDS. Please join us for a casual networking and strategy session as we talk about how we can make the most of the opportunity to really make Rooster work for us!
VIDEO OF THE WEEK
FEATURED GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
- TD Charitable Foundation – affordable housing
- AARP Foundation – senior food security
- Quadratec Cares ‘Energize The Environment’ Grant Program
5 FREE RESOURCES
- Join.Me – host online meetings
- ProBoards – add a forum to your web site
- GenieBelt – project management for nonprofits
- DesignWizard – graphic design tool
- PDF Merge – merge multiple docs for free
GOOD IDEAS: What We’re Reading
If you have an interest in developing sustainable, connected and livable cities, we highly recommend the Smart Cities Dive Newsletter. It is one of our favorite sources for inspiring perspectives on the future of cities.
- Google Is Building a City of the Future in Toronto. Would Anyone Want to Live There?
- Cheap Sensors Are Democratizing Air-Quality Data
- Can a New Kind of Payday Lender Help the Poor?
- Five U.S. Members of 100 Resilient Cities Network Launch Tools to Measure and Track Equality
- American cities are reviving–but leaving the poor behind
If you are on instagram, check out the good folks recently featured on our @charlestongood feed…
You can check out Red Cedar Review at their CD Release Party on Tuesday 7/17 and at Mira Charleston on Sunday 7/22
Our newsletter will continue to evolve so please share your good stuff with us and let us know what else you’d like see from us each week!PLEASE SHARE: