Welcome to a special edition of GOOD STUFF!
This week, we have a lot of exciting news to share with our network.
So let’s jump right in…
FISCAL SPONSORSHIP SERVICES
For the past 5 years, CharlestonGOOD has resisted becoming a 501c3 organization because we realized we didn’t need to run a nonprofit to do our charitable work. In fact, by utilizing a fiscal sponsorship agreement, we were able to better focus on our work without all the hassles of running a nonprofit business. We also suggested to folks throughout our network that fiscal sponsorship might be a great approach to support their work. Unfortunately, the need for local sponsors far outnumbers the availability of organizations willing and equipped to provide fiscal sponsorship service. So, recognizing this niche of need in our community, CharlestonGOOD has decided to do what we can to help. We recently received our 501c3 designation which will allow us to serve as fiscal sponsors for passionate people in the Lowcountry who want to take this approach with their community work. In addition to serving as an umbrella 501c3 for our fiscal sponsees, we will also be offering hands on technical assistance in support of their work. Supporting nonprofit and grassroots programs, projects, organizations and collaborations in the Lowcountry is our mission and we feel that offering this service is central to our purpose.
If you are interested in having CharlestonGOOD servce as your fiscal sponsor, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us about your project. We look forward to working with you!
THE CHANGEMAKERS HUB
In addition to adding an essential community service to our work, we will be revamping CharlestonGOOD.com to better serve the grassroots community.
Later this summer we will be launching the CHANGEMAKERS HUB at CharlestonGOOD.com
The Changemakers Hub will be the go-to place for the resources you need to “reduce redundancy and increase impact.” We have spent years learning about and taking advantage of innumerable free tools, templates, guides, news sources, and other inspiring and useful resources. And we know many of you have been as well. With your input and support, we will create an indispensable resource library for local community changemakers.
We will also be expanding our Grassroots Media platform.
We’ve got an exciting win-win partnership in the works that we will tell you more about soon. Again, our evolution is all about collaborating to be more efficient and increase our collective impact on our community. So, stay tuned…
NEW COMMUNITY PLATFORM
Anyone else out there frustrated with the status quo when it comes to social media? I know we are. So we were really excited when the creators of Rooster decided to launch a local version of their sharing platform here in Charleston!
Rooster is a non-commercial social sharing platform where neighbors help, borrow, swap and share with one another. In addition to offering personal profiles, Rooster also can be used by non-profit organizations to connect with volunteers, promote their free events, and collaborate with other like-minded folks.
IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY, SIGN UP FOR ROOSTER NOW!
CharlestonGOOD & The Stone Soup Collective have partnered with Rooster to collectively CUSTOMIZE THE PLATFORM TO SUIT OUR LOCAL NEEDS. Please join us for a casual networking and strategy session as we talk about how we can make the most of the opportunity to really make Rooster work for us!
GOODSHARING | MEET ROOSTER
- FEATURED JULY EVENTS
- Jul 24: #Goodsharing | Meet Rooster
- Jul 24: Free Digital Skills Training @ Laundry Matters
- Jul 24: Queen Street Harmony Series
- Jul 24: Free Yoga in the Park!
- Jul 25: Not Your Model Minority Dinner Conversation
- Jul 25: Landlord/Tenant: Repairs & Retaliation
- Jul 26: Adult Camp: Indigo Dyeing + Slow Stitch Workshop
- Jul 26: You’re invited! Mingle & Support
- Jul 26: Endless Summer Video Launch Party
- Jul 26: Alliance Potluck Hosted by the Lowcountry Herald
- Jul 27: The Power of Video on a Budget
- Jul 28: Soup Stock II
- Jul 28: Mosquito Beach Litter Sweep
- Jul 28: John’s Island Book Sale
- Jul 28: Come Tour: Organic Sea Island Informational
- Jul 28: Rock Camp Showcase!
- Jul 28: Final Celebration at Mira
- Jul 28: Charleston Zine Fest 3.0!
- Jul 28: How To Network: A Workshop
- Jul 28: Charleston Caribbean Jerk Festival
- Jul 28: Queen Street Harmony Series
- Jul 28: Emerge Meet & Greet
- Jul 28: Hairspray Jr Performance
- Jul 28: Special Needs Swim Night
- Jul 29: Somm School 2.0
- Jul 30: KEH Hinduism Meeting
- Jul 31: Free Digital Skills Training @ Laundry Matters
- Jul 31: Family Friendly Dragtime Cabaret
- Jul 31: Downward Dogs for a Cause
FEATURED AUGUST EVENTS
- Aug 2: Lowcountry Mental Health Conference
- Aug 2: Sierra Club Picnic on Shem Creek
- Aug 3: Art Opening: ‘Leave a Mark’
- Aug 3: Networking Happy Hour & MeetUp at Ink&Ivy
- Aug 3: Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival 20
- Aug 3: Charleston Margarita Festival 2018
- Aug 3: Surf in the City
- Aug 4: Butterfly Book Nook Garden Work Day
- Aug 4: Poho Summer Night Market
- Aug 4: Toast to Equality
For more upcoming events, check out our COMMUNITY CALENDAR
We’re half way through free workshop series to help people learn how to use the many tools available from Google (docs, spreadsheets, calendars, presentations, etc). to help you succeed in your professional and personal life.
The training is suitable for all skill levels.
There are 2 FREE SESSIONS left in the series.
You don’t need to go to all sessions..
The NEXT DATE is
Tuesday, July 24
@ Laundry Matters
51 Reid St. Downtown
Refreshments will be served as well!
Once you attend one session, you will know how to access free self-training modules as well so you can continue to learn at your own pace.
To reserve your spot, send an email with your contact info to: email@example.com
Our newsletter will continue to evolve so please share your good stuff with us and let us know what else you’d like see from us each week!
If you would like to be featured in our weekly Monday morning GoodStuff newsletter,
please contact us by Friday night each week.