TOGETHER SC has put together detailed instructions for how local nonprofits can check their eligibility and apply for much-needed funds through the SC CARES NONPROFIT RELIEF GRANT PROGRAM.
Here is the essential Info:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Nonprofit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Designated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by the Internal Revenue Service
- Registered as a public charity with the South Carolina Secretary of State
- Physically located and providing services in the State of South Carolina
- In operation from October 13, 2019 to present
- Can demonstrate a financial or operational impact due to COVID-19
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Up to $25 million in grant funds are available to reimburse qualifying expenditures for providing services or revenue loss due to COVID-19
- Grant awards will range from $2,500 to $50,000
- Qualifying expenditures include:
- Organizational staffing costs (Ex. payroll and associated employee benefits, temporary and/or contract labor costs)
- Organizational operating costs (Ex. supplies, raw materials, technology, marketing, communications)
- Facility costs (Ex. rent, lease, or mortgage payments; equipment leases and purchases; utility costs)
- Personal Protective Equipment (Ex. protective/sanitation supplies and equipment, installation of protective barriers, temperature detection equipment, disinfecting services)
- Revenue loss
WHEN CAN NONPROFITS APPLY?
- The application window opens on October 19, 2020 and closes on November 1, 2020
FOR MORE DETAILS AND INFO ON WHERE TO APPLY: