Welcome to the GROW PURPOSE DIGEST!
A weekly collection of updates from the Lowcountry’s
environmental news & resource network…
LOCAL NEWS / ACTIONS/ RESOURCES:
- Comprehensive website outlines Charleston’s flooding and sea level rise strategy
- Developers share plan to address traffic with Union Pier redevelopment
- CP OPINION: Charleston’s new Union Pier plan is lipstick on a pig
- Charleston to start Dark Sky Week to spread light pollution awareness
- Life-saving water skills taught in Charleston backyard pool
- Grant supports rights of Black property heirs in South Carolina
- Root Down Building Collective Launches first Fundraiser to Bring Hempcrete Workshops to SC
- Editorial: Union Pier plan is improved, but it’s still too dense and too tall
- Vertical farm Ghost Grow 843 stacks up fresh produce
- Renewables Can Lead the Way to Economic Success and Energy Independence
- APPLY NOW: SCDNR Career Explorers Club Application (high school students)
- INTERVIEW: Charleston Climate Coalition’s Belvin Olasov
- SURVEY: City of Charleston 2023 Hazard Mitigation Plan
- ACT NOW: Make your voice heard in support of clean air!
- ACT NOW: Stop Dominion from raising electric bill rates!
- SURVEY: Help Develop Charleston County Resilience Resource Map
- The perfect storm: the US city where rising sea levels and racism collide
- One City’s Escape Plan From Rising Seas
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
CHECK OUT THE LATEST:
GLOBAL NEWS & RESOURCES
- Why It’s Better to Plant Wild Greens Than to Forage for Them
- How air pollution robs you of sleep and can turn you into a snorer
- How Meat and Fossil Fuel Producers Watered Down the Latest IPCC Report
- Conservation Tends to Ignore the Most Common Type of Life
- America’s Paris Agreement Goals Are Actually Within Reach
SAVE TIME WITH OUR WEEKLY DIGEST
& NEVER MISS A POST!
click for more info