Welcome to the GROW PURPOSE DIGEST!
A weekly collection of updates from the Lowcountry’s
environmental news & resource network…
LOCAL NEWS / ACTIONS/ RESOURCES:
- Recreational boating industry has big economic impact in S.C.
- Sustainable Fashion Brand Reformation Coming to King Street
- P&C Editorial: ‘This is coming at us.’ Charleston’s flooding is only going to get worse.
- REGISTER NOW: Amor Healing Kitchen featured in upcoming free Docuseries
- Commentary: How you can help Charleston prepare for more flooding and rising seas
- Charleston dolphins named separate species in new research
- BCLS Co-Hosting Lawn & Garden Hacks: Propagation
- Pedal & Panache – Tickets and Silent Auction Now Live!
- APPLY NOW: SC DHEC Champions of the Environment
- APPLY NOW: Environmental Education Association of SC Mini-Grants
- READ: Surge: The Lowcountry Climate Magazine
- RESOURCE: Are you prepared? Hurricane season is approaching
- Interactive map shows which US cities will be underwater in 2050
- CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS: 2024 SC Nonprofit Summit
- Public Input Needed: Growth in Charleston County
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- SEP 6: “Transportation Electrification in the Southeast” Webinar
- SEP 13: Wire Reef Construction with The Sustainability Institute’s ECC
- SEP 14: Serenity Sea Stroll & Learn – SC Reptiles
- SEP 14: Lawn & Garden Hacks
- SEP 17: Awendaw Community Building
- SEP 19: Charleston Green Drinks
CHECK OUT THE LATEST:
GLOBAL NEWS & RESOURCES
- Saudi Arabia rolls out world’s first zero-carbon 5G network
- Here Come the Iron Batteries
- How South Korea’s composting system became a model for the world
- Geothermal energy: Are we entering a golden age?
- WATCH: Environmental Justice Is Transportation Equity (Charlotte)
- Anger is most powerful emotion by far for spurring climate action, study finds
- Electrified cement could turn houses and roads into nearly limitless batteries
SAVE TIME WITH OUR WEEKLY DIGEST
& NEVER MISS A POST!
click for more info