Welcome to the GROW PURPOSE DIGEST!
A weekly collection of updates from the Lowcountry’s
environmental news & resource network…
LOCAL NEWS / ACTIONS/ RESOURCES:
- SC Aquarium making a bigger economic splash, new study finds
- Charleston Parks Conservancy Announces Executive Director and CEO
- South Carolina Emerges as a Leader in Electric School Buses
- Charleston secures land to create a nearly 60-acre park in West Ashley
- Holy Mola: Rare sighting of ocean sunfish captured on Folly Beach
- Come spring, baby owls steal the show at the Birds of Prey Avian Conservation Center
- BEACH REACH IS BACK IN 2023!!
- SURVEY: Downtown Charleston Transit Study
- SURVEY: City of Charleston 2023 Hazard Mitigation Plan
- ACT NOW: Make your voice heard in support of clean air!
- ACT NOW: Stop Dominion from raising electric bill rates!
- SURVEY: Help Develop Charleston County Resilience Resource Map
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- MAY 27: The Get Hyped Finale Brunch
- MAY 27: ECO Runways Presents: Charleston Streetwear
- MAY 27: Native Plant Festival
- JUN 1: Grab a Beer, Talk Union Pier
- JUN 1: Sierra Club Screening: Barbarian Utopia, Encounters on the Appalachian Trail
- JUN 1: Foraging Show + Tell: Our Experiences in the Forest (virtual)
- JUN 3: ACE Basin Fun Day in Edisto
- JUN 4-5: Ag+Art Tour Charleston
CHECK OUT THE LATEST:
GLOBAL NEWS & RESOURCES
- The end of acid rain
- These 14 EVs are the only ones left that get the tax credit
- Climate misinformation is becoming law
- A Caribbean island’s quest to become the world’s first climate-resilient nation
- Recycling can release huge quantities of microplastics, study finds
- Orcas have sunk 3 boats in Europe and appear to be teaching others to do the same. But why?
- How Commercial Properties Can Reap the Benefits of Solar Energy
SAVE TIME WITH OUR WEEKLY DIGEST
& NEVER MISS A POST!
click for more info