UPCOMING CGD EVENTS
- NOVEMBER 15 – FOOD & FOOD SYSTEMS
- DECEMBER 13 – TREES
PARK CIRCLE / NORTH CHS
Mark your Calendar for the next GREEN DRINKS gathering!
CHARLESTON GREEN DRINKS:
‘FOOD & FOOD SYSTEMS’
NOVEMBER 15 @ 6PM
PARK CIRCLE / NORTH CHS
This month we will focus on food and food systems in the Lowcountry with the help of our co-hosts who will share their diverse missions, expertise and perspectives on this essential topic.
Co-hosts this month include
- Amor Healing Kitchen – will be sharing “how we partner with local farmers and organizations to prepare our meals with sustainability in mind. Centering our menus around what’s in season. Using organic ingredients to fuel our bodies. We also incorporate practices in our process to own responsibility for packaging and waste (compostable materials & composting) exposing our adult & teen volunteers to the benefits of taking care of the earth.”
- South Carolina Aquarium – “We will be discussing the sustainability of local seafood and asking people to take the Aquarium’s Ask Before You Order Pledge. When folks want to purchase seafood either at a restaurant or retailer, we want them to ask, “What do you have that’s local?” prior to ordering and then document where and what they ordered with our citizen science app.”
RESOURCES: Ask Before You Order Pledge; Citizen Science App; Good Catch Seafood Survey
- Green Heart Project – will be sharing about educating students, connecting people and cultivating community while addressing inequitable access to healthy food in our community.
- Stone Soup Collective – “Healthy thriving loving communities are the only way to a future worthy of our children. Food – grown together, harvested together, cooked together, enjoyed together – is the soup-er glue that holds such communities together.”
Our organizational co-hosts will provide brief intros, followed by tabling time and open networking, giving us all the chance to both dig deeper into the issues and better connect with one another.
If you would like us to share any announcements the event, please let us know in advance (email@example.com)
If you would like a chance to set up a table to make related information accessible to folks, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The CGD steering committee will be meeting at Commonhouse Aleworks from 5pm-6pm and we are encouraging other environmental groups to consider scheduling their own meetings/gatherings on site in a similar way. It’s a chance to get out of the office early, beat the traffic, and maybe create some synergistic energy in the process
We hope you all can join us for this month’s edition of Charleston Green Drinks!
About Charleston Green Drinks
Green Drinks is an international, organic, self-organizing network. Charleston Green Drinks hosts monthly gatherings that offer environmentally-minded community members a chance to connect, collaborate, and learn more about environmental resources and opportunities in Charleston. All are welcome.
WHAT’S NEW IN 2022!
CGD has been on hiatus during the pandemic but this year, we are exited to be hosting events again with renewed energy and a commitment to making Green Drinks better than ever.
The steering committee is working to improve our communications, streamline our processes and make CGD more equitable, just to name a few areas of focus this year.
We also agreed to integrate the UN’s sustainable development goals more explicitly into our work.
Please get in touch if you would like to be more involved in Charleston Green Drinks 2022!
CHARLESTON GREEN DRINKS RESOURCES:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/greendrinkscharleston
- INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/charlestongreendrinks
- GREEN DRINKS.ORG/SC/CHARLESTON: http://www.greendrinks.org/SC/Charleston
- GOOGLE GROUP ARCHIVES: https://groups.google.com/g/CharlestonGreenDrinks
SC GREEN LINKS: